2 large eggs
2 tbsp. of white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. of chopped shallot or spring onion
100g of butter
- Mix 2 large egg yolks and tarragon leaves (if available) in the food process or blender.
- In a glass jug, place the white wine vinegar and shallots/onions.
- Microwave the vinegar/onion mix on high for up to 2 minutes until 1 tbsp. of liquid remains.
- Pour the liquid onto the egg yolks, slowly mixing.
- Heat the butter in a glass jug (covered) in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until very hot.
- Slowly pour into the eggs, mixing slowly.
- Serve warm.
Note: You can replace the vinegar with lemon juice to have a traditional hollandaise sauce.